Does anyone out there listen to the radio?
Ryan and I have been listening and sometimes rocking out to KING FM (you can listen online!) – the classical music station in the Seattle/Tacoma area. We love it. Neither of us grew up exposed to classical music, so we are slowly learning to recognize different styles and composers. Ryan is really liking Chopin… and we both have been loving Bach’s sacred music with Latin lyrics.
We also love The Score with Edmund Stone on Sunday afternoons. The program highlights a film composer and plays a few tracks from their different scores. When I started dating Ryan, he had several music soundtracks on his iPod and it piqued my interest. Since then our soundtrack collection has expanded. Here are some of the artists in our playlist..
Who are your favorites?
- Forrest Gump – Alan Silvestri
- The King’s Speech – Alexandre Desplat
- Changeling – Clint Eastwood
- Gladiator/The Holiday/Inception – Hans Zimmer
- Pride and Prejudice – Jean-Yves Thibaudet
- Dances with Wolves – John Barry
- The Stoning of Soraya M. – John Debney
- E.T./Jurassic Park/Star Wars – John Williams (The Theme from Jurassic Park is SO beautiful)
- Gran Torino – Kyle Eastwood/Michael Stevens
- The Tree of Life also features a large selection of classical music. A list can be found here: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/music_list_all_37_songs_features_in_terrence_malicks_the_tree_of_life